September 25 is One Hit Wonder Day. And for every U2, Dixie Chicks and Tragically Hip; there is an EMF, Blind Melon and Michael Sembello. Even though they are known for one big song, who doesn’t smile and sing along when it starts playing?
With that in mind here is a running playlist featuring some favourite one hit wonders.
- Unbelievable by EMF: 104 BPM
- The Final Countdown by Europe: 118 BPM
- What is Love by Haddaway: 124 BPM
- Spirit in the Sky by Norman Greenbaum: 128 BPM
- I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers: 132 BPM
- I Ran by A Flock of Seagulls: 145 BPM
- No Rain by Blind Melon: 148 BPM
- Maniac (from Flashdance) by Michael Sembello: 157 BPM
- Mambo No. 5 (A Little Bit of…) by Lou Bega: 174 BPM
- (I’ve Had) The Time of my Life by Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes: 109 BPM
Continue reading “One Hit Wonder Running Playlist”
Happy First Day of Fall. Here’s to a season of pumpkin spice, crunchy leaves, sweaters and comfort food.
So for the past couple of months I’ve had quite the list of
reasons excuses why I wasn’t going out for a run:
- too hot…
- too smokey…
- too tired…
- too lazy…
Continue reading “Running… Out of excuses”
So last night was the big fight between Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather. And I watched.
Continue reading “Let me wobble to me corner…”
This is so true… Yesterday we were in a parking lot, when I noticed the beautiful view just to my left. After taking a quick photo, I said a quick thank-you for the many blessings in my life, including living in my little corner of the world. 🌎
Happy Sunday 💜
“When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” ~ Marcus Aurelius
Looking forward to a fun summer afternoon adventure at the PNE with good friends.
“Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.” ~Sam Keen
This is NOT the The Pop Shoppe pop I remember from my childhood…but it is very tasty, a little sweet and a lot green! 🍹🍹🍹 Oh yeah…vodka and nostalgia make a very happy SmileyWife