Yesterday was World Vegan Day, National Calzone Day and a bunch of other special days. Guess November 1 seems like a good day to celebrate.
Anyway, I figured I could combine vegan and calzone and celebrate with a tasty dinner. Only problem is that I have NEVER successfully made pizza dough. And I mean never! It has always been an unmitigated disaster in one way or another.
But since I’ve decided to conquer my cooking fears, I looked in my favourite cookbook – Google – for a vegan calzone recipe. After looking at a few, I chose this one from The Flaming Vegan site. It looked simple enough, although the dough part was still pretty intimidating for me. Proofing yeast, rising dough, rolling out the dough… SCARY!! Continue reading “Yummy Vegan Calzones”
Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” ~ Albert Camus 🍁 🍁 🍁
Such a pretty walk today in Port Coquitlam with the beautiful leaves everywhere. It actually did look like spring.
September 25 is One Hit Wonder Day. And for every U2, Dixie Chicks and Tragically Hip; there is an EMF, Blind Melon and Michael Sembello. Even though they are known for one big song, who doesn’t smile and sing along when it starts playing?
With that in mind here is a running playlist featuring some favourite one hit wonders.
- Unbelievable by EMF: 104 BPM
- The Final Countdown by Europe: 118 BPM
- What is Love by Haddaway: 124 BPM
- Spirit in the Sky by Norman Greenbaum: 128 BPM
- I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers: 132 BPM
- I Ran by A Flock of Seagulls: 145 BPM
- No Rain by Blind Melon: 148 BPM
- Maniac (from Flashdance) by Michael Sembello: 157 BPM
- Mambo No. 5 (A Little Bit of…) by Lou Bega: 174 BPM
- (I’ve Had) The Time of my Life by Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes: 109 BPM
Continue reading “One Hit Wonder Running Playlist”
Happy First Day of Fall. Here’s to a season of pumpkin spice, crunchy leaves, sweaters and comfort food.
So for the past couple of months I’ve had quite the list of
reasons excuses why I wasn’t going out for a run:
- too hot…
- too smokey…
- too tired…
- too lazy…
Continue reading “Running… Out of excuses”