“How beautifully leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days.” ~ John Burroughs
Although summer (and sun and warm temperatures) is my favourite time of year… there is something special about fall and the colours of the leaves as they say good-bye until spring. Of course, I do wish we could skip winter altogether.
This quote by John Burroughs speaks to me as I realize I am growing old. Maybe only closer to middle age; but the gray hairs remind me I am no longer a young woman. So it’s time to remember the leaf – full of light and colour regardless of the age on my passport.
Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” ~ Albert Camus 🍁 🍁 🍁
Such a pretty walk today in Port Coquitlam with the beautiful leaves everywhere. It actually did look like spring.
September 25 is One Hit Wonder Day. And for every U2, Dixie Chicks and Tragically Hip; there is an EMF, Blind Melon and Michael Sembello. Even though they are known for one big song, who doesn’t smile and sing along when it starts playing?
With that in mind here is a running playlist featuring some favourite one hit wonders.
- Unbelievable by EMF: 104 BPM
- The Final Countdown by Europe: 118 BPM
- What is Love by Haddaway: 124 BPM
- Spirit in the Sky by Norman Greenbaum: 128 BPM
- I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers: 132 BPM
- I Ran by A Flock of Seagulls: 145 BPM
- No Rain by Blind Melon: 148 BPM
- Maniac (from Flashdance) by Michael Sembello: 157 BPM
- Mambo No. 5 (A Little Bit of…) by Lou Bega: 174 BPM
- (I’ve Had) The Time of my Life by Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes: 109 BPM
Continue reading “One Hit Wonder Running Playlist”
Happy First Day of Fall. Here’s to a season of pumpkin spice, crunchy leaves, sweaters and comfort food.
So for the past couple of months I’ve had quite the list of
reasons excuses why I wasn’t going out for a run:
- too hot…
- too smokey…
- too tired…
- too lazy…
Continue reading “Running… Out of excuses”